As you begin the second half of year, it’s a good time to review your inbound marketing plan for the year to see how you’re tracking on results compared to goals.
- Are you getting the traffic and conversions you need?
- Have you been able to keep up with the daily and weekly requirements to achieve your goals?
- Are your marketing tactics building momentum, and a sustainable business for the future?
The purpose of this article is to give you a quick reference check list with practical solutions to planning your inbound marketing for the rest of the year.
Monthly Lead Generation Offer
Create 6 different offers that would be of value to your prospects, one for each month left in the year. What are your prospects needs, frustrations or pain-points? Can you create a how to guide, ebook or webinar that would be of value to your prospects?
- Start by brainstorming these ideas with your Sales, Marketing and Management Team.
- Then write six titles that would provide valuable information, answers and solutions.
- Next, make sure the titles are compelling and use words your prospects’ use.
- Now you have a monthly lead generation offer for each month, for the rest of the year.
- All you need to do is assign responsibility for creating each offer. How to guides can be as simple as 2 pages, ebooks 8 pages and webinars 30 minutes. Focus on value of the content rather than the length.
Blogging For SEO and Lead Conversions
Blogging helps with seo and lead conversions. Research has linked blog frequency to traffic and leads. Weekly is a good start and is often a realistic target for most companies.
Get your same team together to brainstorm 26 titles for blog topics, one each week for the rest of the year.
Here are 5 different categories for ideas for blog articles, choose one from each group for each week of the month.
- Use each of the abovementioned lead offers for a blog article.
- Upcoming events, trade shows, industry awards, expos.
- Link to, and write your own comments about; industry stats, research, news.
- Top 10 Lists [doesn’t have to be 10] eg 10 Effective Ways To Get More Leads.
- How to [insert solution/problem]. Eg: How To Blog In 10 Minutes a Day.
- Create a CTA (call to action) button with a compelling title and reason to click and download the ebook/guide or attend the webinar. See my free ebook CTA on this page as an example.
- The CTA button should link to a landing page that is only about the offer.
- Place the CTA on your blog and home page.
- Send out a tweet, LinkedIn status update, Facebook post and press release driving traffic to the landing page with the offer on it.
- Send out an email to your contacts each month about your new offer.
- Set up a lead nurturing campaign, a series of automated emails, that your new lead will receive after downloading your offer so they can learn more about your company.
- To learn more about lead nurturing I've included some links below.
Don’t forget to keep a track of the results so you can see what’s driving traffic and conversions - here’s a quick template that will help you keep track of key metrics on a monthly basis. Download monthly report template here
If you would like to learn more about the tools / software to manage the abovementioned marketing tasks email me directly at: email@example.com
Do you have anything to add to this list? Or do you have some questions? Please share them in the comment section below – we respond to all comments.
Related blog articles you may also find valuable: