We keep hearing it from the "experts" blog, blog, blog. But why? When I talk to business owners this seems to be the hardest task for many. But why?
As a marketer or business owner if you knew that blogging would help you grow your business would you find the time?
Im not sure what you already know or have heard about blogging but here are some Answers - cold hard facts - to the "But Why" question.
Blog articles are content, and must be part of your content marketing strategy. Here are 6 compelling benefits to publishing blogs on your website.
Blog articles add pages to your site - Google loves sites with lots of pages.
Blogging gives you a reason to be adding new and fresh content to your site - Google loves fresh content.
Valuable content will position you as an industry thought leader and give your company credibility over the competition.
Valuable content will be shared by others - Google has started adding social to search results.
People link to valuable content - Google loves links - this is what gives your site/content authority.
If Google loves your content and your audience is sharing, commenting and linking to your content you will get more traffic to your site. More traffic generally means more leads, and more leads means more customers - but this is really getting into lead conversion strategies which is a topic for another article.
1. It's a growing trend, its the way many now consume information!
2.Reading blogs is becoming a daily task
3. Chances are your competition is blogging. If not, you have a chance to get ahead of the competition, it's only a matter of time before they catch on.
4. If it's working for others it will work for you too.
5. Make sure your prospects can find your blog when researching.
6. More traffic = more leads = more customers
7. If you want more leads, you'll need more web pages!
8. If you want more pages you'll need to publish blogs.
If you're now convinced of the need and importance of blogging for your business for both thought leadership and lead generation, but you're still stuck, I have written a few articles with practical tips that will help: