If one of your problems with blog writing is the planning and scheduling, you're not alone! I see questions on forums and LinkedIn groups around these topics all the time.
The purpose of this article is to show you how to turn what you already know into effective blog articles.
Once a month or quarter set aside 1-2 hours and sit down with your sales and/or management team (or yourself if you are the management team) and write down the answers to the following questions:
- Why do people need your product or service?
- What is their problem, need or pain point?
- Why should they buy from you?
- What are the problems if they buy the wrong product or service?
- What should they know before making a purchasing decision?
- What questions do customers ask before buying?
- What questions or reservations do people who don’t buy ask?
- Why don’t people buy from you?
- What do people want to know about your company before buying?
Answers to these questions are all blog topics or even a series of blogs.
1. Your blog will increase organic search rank.
2. Your blog will increase traffic to your site.
3. Your blog will increase leads.
4. Your blog will position you as a thought leader.
5. Your blog is your own PR.
Now are you compelled to start blogging more frequently?
As we learn more about the benefit of blogging for lead generation and SEO, the question of 'what to write' is becoming a growing problem for many inbound marketers.
I often get asked how to blog and what to write. It seems many people are so scared to do it wrong – they get paralyzed. Others still don't know why they should be blogging and how it can significantly help their Inbound Marketing efforts.
Research shows that blogging helps boost your organic search rank and website visitors. But how do you do it properly?
When I asked this at a recent business networking function no hands went up.
Blogging is a key component of SEO and Social Media Marketing to that should be implemented in every inbound marketing plan. Below are my quick takeaways from today's session that may help other small business owners to write effective blogs for their business.